Friday, May 18, 2012

Mismatched China

Hello all!
This is my first attempt for my new blog!  I am very excited to start this up.  I will be discussing new trends, teaching DIY projects, and just giving great ideas for your wedding or special event!
I am starting with the mismatched china trend that is very popular in shabby chic and rustic event themes.  I have a couple of events doing this, and another that is thinking about it.

Here you can see how fun it is to use mismatched china. You can collect it from friends and family, rent it, or shop for it at local antique shops.  You can use old quilts, lace doilies, antique linen, burlap, or just plain white or ivory linen to decorate the tables. 
Here we have a burlap table cover with mismatched china and mason jars for glasses.  

Small china plates and saucers make great cake plates!

Here is a great DIY project!  Use different sized plates, saucers, cups and crystal wine glasses or crystal punch glasses to make these unique stands.  These are great for candy, cupcakes, petit fours, or add a few rose buds or hydrangea to make a beautiful centerpiece! 

Enjoy!!!





2 comments:

  1. Love the "mismatched" look. Can I mix my white Noritake "Affection" [white w/raised white pattern, platinum band]with Lenox "Eternal" [cream w/gold band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You can mix any type of china for this look!

    ReplyDelete